This Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is done in 30 minutes in the Instant Pot with juicy, tender chicken and a creamy finish. It’s one our favorite Instant Pot recipes and makes for a great quick and easy weeknight meal, and even better leftovers!
For the Chili:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper (or green bell pepper), diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 ½ cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup full fat greek yogurt
- 1 lime
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Turn on the sauté button on the Instant Pot and let it preheat for 2-3 minutes. Add the oil, onion, diced pepper and a pinch of salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Press cancel to turn off the sauté function and add the chicken, salt, garlic powder and cumin. Add the beans, green chilis, corn and chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Release pressure and remove chicken to shred.
- If you want a thicker soup, remove a small amount of the bean mixture and puree, then add it back into the soup. You can also use an immersion blender directly in the Instant Pot for a few seconds to blend slightly.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the soup along with the greek yogurt. Squeeze in the juice from 1 lime and top with desired toppings!