Craving hearty chili with ground beef? This quick-fix 30-Minute Ground Beef Chili has you covered! Perfect for a busy weeknight when you need something warm, comforting, and packed with protein and lots of flavor in just half an hour!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 lime
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat a large pot over medium/high heat.
- Add the oil, onion, bell pepper and a pinch of salt and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the ground beef, salt, chili powder, cumin, oregano, chili flakes and cinnamon and cook for 5-7 minutes, breaking up the meat while it cooks.
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beef broth, kidney beans, pinto beans and stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finish with the juice of 1 lime. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Keywords: chili with ground beef, ground beef chili, 30 minute chili, 30 minute beef chili