This savory and satisfying 30 Minute Turkey Taco Rice Skillet combines tender ground turkey with Mexican spices, black beans, and green chilies, all simmered in a zesty salsa sauce and tossed with fluffy white rice and Colby jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime
- Preheat a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil, onion, bell pepper and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the veggies begin to soften.
- Add the ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder and cook for another 5-7 minutes, breaking up the meat as you cook.
- Add the salsa, beans, green chilies and stir.
- Add in the cooked rice and stir until well combined.
- Top with shredded cheese and put under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro, avocado and the juice of one lime.
- Serve as is, in a burrito, taco or with chips.
Keywords: turkey taco skillet, turkey taco rice skillet, 30 minute taco skillet, taco skillet meal, easy taco skillet