This Apple Cider Maple Roasted Kabocha Squash is the perfect fall side dish. Soft and sweet on the inside, and crisp and caramelized on the outside.
- 1 kabocha squash
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the squash in half, through the root end. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Lay the squash flat side down and cut vertically into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a large bowl whisk together the maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the squash slices and toss until well coated.
- Place the slices on a parchment lined or greased sheet pan. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned on the outside. Flip half way if desired.