Enjoy tender, flavorful crab cakes perfectly seasoned with shallots, garlic, and a hint of spice. Paired with a creamy, tangy sauce and nestled between soft, buttery brioche buns, these Baked Crab Cake Sliders are a mouthwatering dish that strikes the perfect balance between elegance and comfort food!
For the crab cakes:
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 2–3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 16 ounces fresh lump crab meat
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- ½ – ¾ cup cornflake crumbs or panko breadcrumbs
For the crab cake sauce:
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Juice from 1–2 lemons
- 1–2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Brioche slider buns
- Preheat a small pan over low heat. Sauté shallot and garlic for about 5 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine crab meat, mayonnaise, salt, egg white, and corn flake crumbs. Mix together using a fork, slightly breaking up the crab meat until the mixture is well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more mayonnaise. If the mixture is too wet, slowly add a little more corn flake crumbs.
- Add the sautéd shallot and garlic to the crab mixture and mix.
- Form crab cakes into small, individual patties (about ¼ cup each) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. If not using right away, place formed patties in the fridge covered, for 30-60 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake crab cakes for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the sauce. Scoop mayonnaise into a small bowl. Whisk in lemon juice and sriracha until you reach the consistency that you like.
- Assemble the sliders. Gently toast the slider buns on a lightly greased pan or grill if you want, then add a crab cake and top with a generous amount of sauce, a piece of lettuce and serve.
Keywords: baked crab cakes, mini crab cakes, baked crab cake sliders, crab cakes in the oven