- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup full fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Chopped almonds
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners and set aside. In a bowl whisk together the flour, almond meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 2) In a separate bowl whisk the ricotta, oil, milk, egg, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well combined. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- 3) Fold in the blueberries. Scoop batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full and top with some chopped almonds. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
* Before adding the blueberries to the batter, I like to dust them with a little bit of flour. This keeps them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.