- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts (halved (or quartered if they’re large))
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1) Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium/high heat. Add the shallots and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, brussels sprouts, salt and pepper. Cook for about 12-15 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- 2) While brussels sprouts are cooking, make the brown butter. Heat butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Begin to whisk as the butter starts to bubble. After about 2-3 minutes you will see small brown bits appear on the bottom of the pan, and the butter will begin to turn a golden brown color (and smell divine). Remove from heat immediately and set aside.
- 3) When brussels sprouts are done cooking, turn off heat and pour the brown butter over top, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and serve immediately!