This Butternut Squash Soup tastes like fall. It's warm, sweet, and comforting. All the happy feelings a bowl of soup should bring you on a cool, crisp fall day.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled, seeded, and cubed (about 3–4 cups))
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
- Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1) Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add the olive oil, squash, onion, garlic and salt and saute until lightly browned and the squash is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. If mixture becomes dry and starts to stick to the pan, pour in a few tablespoons of stock at a time to help cook through.
- 2) Place the cooked squash mixture in a blender and add the almond milk. Blend until very smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Season with more salt to taste. Serve with your favorite toppings, or it’s simply delicious alone!
*When blending hot food make sure you leave a hole for the steam to escape from the blender, otherwise it can explode!
Adapted from Pinch of Yum