A Cheesy Roasted Butternut Squash Couscous Casserole baked in coconut milk and loaded with gooey cheese.
- 4 cups small diced butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons 4th & Heart Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ghee Butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (13.6 ounce) cans unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cups dried israeli couscous
- 1 1/4 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a sheet pan add the butternut squash, ghee butter (make sure it’s fully melted), 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss until squash is fully coated and roast for 25-30 minutes until squash is cooked through and caramelized.
- In a small saucepan add the coconut milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil then add the couscous and simmer for 5 minutes over medium/low heat. Cover, then turn off the heat and let mixture sit for 5-10 minutes. (Mixture should still be a little “soupy”, and couscous not fully cooked).
- In a large bow,l mix together the couscous, roasted squash, shredded cheese and thyme. Pour into an 8×8 or 9×9 casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately and enjoy!