- 1 bag Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs
- 1 package fully cooked chicken sausage, thickly sliced ((I used sun-dried tomato basil, but use any flavor you like))
- cooking spray
Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard (can also just use dijon)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the sweet potato puffs on top. Make sure they have plenty of space and are not touching so that they crisp up nicely. Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, heat a skillet over medium/high heat. Lightly coat the pan with cooking spray and add the sausage.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often until the sausage is browned on the outside. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Make the mustard sauce by mixing together the mustard and mayonnaise. If you need to thin it out, use a little squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- When the potatoes are done, begin to assemble. Place a dollop of sauce on a platter then put 1 sweet potato puff on a toothpick followed by 1 piece of chicken sausage. Stand it up in the dollop of sauce and repeat until done. Serve immediately.