These Chocolate Chip Chewy Fudgy Brownies are the perfect decadent dessert! They’re loaded with chocolate in every bite and have the best texture.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- Two 4-ounce semi-sweet chocolate bars, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring after each. Pour in a large mixing bowl, then allow to slightly cool for 10 minutes.
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9×9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk the granulated and brown sugars into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently whisk in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-36 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with only a few crumbs when the brownies are done. All ovens are different, so keep an eye on them after 30 minutes and use the toothpick test to see when yours are finished. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack. Once cooled, remove from pan and cut into squares. For neat squares, use a very sharp knife and wipe it clean with a paper towel after each cut.
- Brownies stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
Recipe originally published on Sally’s Baking Addiction – thanks Sally!