Cookie Crack is a delicious, rustic dessert that I love to gift or put out at parties. Everyone loves it!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserve some for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add the vanilla and salt.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough on the parchment lined sheet pan and put another piece of parchment paper on top. Using your fingers begin to press the dough flat (about 1/4 inch thick). Use a heavy can to spread the dough into one even layer. Peel parchment paper off the top and press some extra chocolate chips onto the flattened dough.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely, then break into pieces with your hands to create uneven shards of cookie crack.
Adapted from Susie Fishbein from Kosher by Design Short on Time Cookbook