Mushrooms, garlic, and shallots create a flavorful soup with coconut milk for the perfect smoothness! Creamy Mushroom Soup is the ultimate comfort food best served with a massive hunk of French bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 8 –10 cups sliced mushrooms (I used Crimini but you can use a mixture of what you like)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (or heavy cream or milk)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat a large pot over medium/high heat. Add the oil, shallot, pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, 1.5 teaspoons salt, pepper and butter and cook for 5-7 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Add the fresh herbs, veggie broth and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. You can also transfer to a standing blender if you don’t have an immersion blender.
- Once blended, stir in coconut milk and parmesan cheese. Serve with a big piece of crusty bread and enjoy!