Cumin Roasted Carrots with Garlic Butter is my new favorite way to prepare carrots! They’re tender, filled with flavor, and the perfect complement to your favorite main dishes.
- 2 bunches large carrots, peeled and cut on the bias into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A few cracks of fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4–5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. If your oven runs really hot, try 425.
- Place parchment paper on a sheet pan and add the carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin. Use your hands to make sure all the carrots are coated evenly with the oil and spices. Roast for 30-40 minutes until carrots are cooked through and begin to caramelize.
- In the last 10 minutes of cooking add the butter to a small saucepan over medium/high heat. Once it’s almost melted add the smashed garlic cloves and cook for 5-6 minutes until the butter begins to bubble a little and the garlic smells fragrant. Turn off heat and let sit until carrots are done.
- Once carrots are cooked, drizzle the garlic infused butter over the carrots and toss to combine. Sprinkle some chopped parsley and flakey sea salt to finish and serve immediately.