Looking to add some crunchy, flavorful toppings to your salads or soups? Try making these Easy Homemade Croutons! In just 20 minutes, you can transform a few slices of crusty bread into golden, crispy cubes of deliciousness with only a handful of simple ingredients!
- 2–3 large slices of sourdough bread or any crusty bread
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice the bread into small bite size chunks and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Use your hands to massage the oil and spices into the bread until they are well coated.
- Spread the bread cubes evenly onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Store leftovers in an airtight sealed container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Keywords: homemade croutons, 20 minute croutons, sourdough croutons, croutons from scratch