This Apricot Glazed Chicken uses the sweet pairing of apricots and tender chicken to create an amazing main course that can be served with your favorite side dishes!
- ¾ cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 pieces)
- In a large bowl or baking dish add the apricot preserves, mustard, soy sauce, butter, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Add the chicken and toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes (if you have time) while you preheat the oven to 375 degrees. If you marinated in a bowl, transfer chicken and marinade to a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake chicken for 35-40 minutes covered, then remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until lightly browned. You can put chicken under the broiler for 1-2 minutes if you want some extra color.
- When chicken reaches 165 degrees remove from the oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve over rice or with potatoes to soak up all those juices. Also pairs well with a simple salad.
Keywords: apricot chicken, apricot glazed chicken, apricot baked chicken