Creamy, packed with veggies, and topped with a buttery crust…you cannot go wrong with my Easy Chicken Pot Pie! The entire family loves it every time.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus 6 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (small dice)
- 1 parsnip (small dice)
- 1 12oz bag Taylor Farms Green Beans, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup Taylor Farms Cauliflower Pearls
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (minced)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2–3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (shredded (I use store bought Rotisserie chicken))
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 pie crust (I use store bought)
- 1 egg (whisked with 1 teaspoon water)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large dutch oven or large pot over medium/high heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in the pot. Add the onion, carrots, parsnips, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the green beans, cauliflower pearls, thyme and another ½ teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper. Cook for another 7-10 minutes then turn off heat.
- Add the frozen peas and shredded chicken and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds, stirring occasionally. Add the flour and whisk for 30 seconds. While whisking, slowly pour in chicken stock and whisk until it starts to thicken, about 1-2 minutes. Add a small pinch of salt and turn off heat.
- Pour the sauce over the veggie/chicken mixture and stir until everything is coated well. Grease a large and deep pie dish, or baking dish. Pour the filling into the dish and place the pie dough on top, crimping and sealing the edges.
- Brush the top lightly with egg wash and use a knife to make two slits in the crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes until crust is golden. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.