Sweet, tangy and full of flavor, this Easy Homemade Teriyaki Sauce is just what your stir fry or grilled dinners are missing!
- 1 cup water plus ¼ cup
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt (as needed)
- In a small saucepan add 1 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ground ginger. Heat over medium heat, whisking until sugar dissolves, about 2-3 minutes.
- Make the arrowroot (or cornstarch) slurry on the side. In a small bowl add ¼ cup water and 2 tablespoons of arrowroot and mix until combined. Pour mixture into the saucepan and whisk until your desired thickness is reached. This should take about 4-6 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside to cool.