A few ingredients and the push of a button makes for the easiest Instant Pot Pasta night ever! All of your favorite Italian flavors, NONE of the stress!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces penne pasta (or any short pasta)
- 2 cups marinara sauce (your favorite kind)
- 2–3 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 lemon
- Parmesan cheese
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and let it preheat. Add the olive oil and onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and lemon pepper and use a wooden spoon to break up the turkey meat and cook it through. Cook for about 5 minutes until turkey is browned. Add tomato paste and mix in.
- Press cancel. Add the water and dried pasta and mix until well combined. Pour the tomato sauce on top but DO NOT mix in. (Mixing in the sauce can cause the Instant Pot to have the burn notification). Close lid, turn the vent to seal and cook on high pressure for about 5-6 minutes. NOTE: The amount of time you cook on high pressure should be half the amount of time the box calls for. So if the box says to cook the pasta for 8 minutes, cook it for 4 minutes on high pressure. If the box says to cook for 12 minutes, cook it for 6. Time will vary depending on which pasta you use.
- Once it’s done cooking, quick release and open lid. Stir in spinach and the juice from one lemon. Add Parmesan cheese to taste and serve!