- 1 (3.5 – 4 pound) chuck roast
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4–5 medium yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Pat dry the chuck roast with paper towels. In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Rub spice mixture all over the roast and place back in the fridge if not using right away. (You can do this overnight if you have the time).
- When ready to cook, add the spice rubbed roast into the slow cooker. Place the cut potatoes and carrots all around the roast.
- In a large bowl whisk together the beef broth, marinara sauce, coconut aminos, worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Pour mixture over the roast and veggies.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Once meat is cooked and falls apart easily, remove from slow cooker and set on a cutting board to rest.
- Whisk together the arrowroot powder and water in a small bowl to create a slurry. Pour the slurry into the liquid in the slow cooker and stir. The liquid will begin to thicken after 2-3 minutes. Shred the meat and serve with potatoes, carrots and sauce.