Easy quick dinner recipes are my speciality and this ground turkey bolognese fits the bill! The pasta sauce tastes like it has been simmering for hours but is ready in just 30 minutes! Serve with thick fettuccine noodles, enjoy!
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, (small dice)
- 1 medium carrot, (small dice)
- 3 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1.5 teaspoons salt (plus 3 teaspoons for pasta water)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
For the pasta:
- 3/4 pound fettuccine pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add the olive oil, onion, carrot, and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes until veggies begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the turkey meat, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, and cinnamon and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Add the crushed tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and parsley and simmer (stirring occasionally) for 15 minutes while you cook the pasta.
- Once your large pot of water is boiling, add 3 teaspoons of salt to the boiling water and add the pasta. Cook according to the package, about 10-15 minutes.
- In the last few minutes of cooking the sauce, add the butter if using and stir until melted. Turn off the heat and add the parmesan cheese, stirring to combine.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water to help thin out the sauce if needed. Drain noodles and serve with sauce.