These Flank Steak Sliders with Chimichurri Slaw have tons of fresh herbed flavor and perfectly-cooked steak for a sandwich that will have everyone asking for seconds.
- 1 package of 12 Brioche slider buns (I love St. Pierre)
- 1 package shredded cabbage
For the steak:
- ¼ cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2–2¼ pound flank steak (or Skirt steak)
For Chimichurri Sauce:
- 2 cups parsley (1 large bunch)
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Start by making the marinade for the skirt steak. In a bowl add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, rice vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, oil, salt and garlic powder and whisk to combine. Pour marinade over the flank steak in a large bowl or dish, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Next, make the chimichurri sauce. Add the parsley (I even include the stems), garlic, oregano, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, olive oil and salt to a high powered blender or a food processor. Pulse until desired consistency, I like to leave it with a little bit of texture. You can make this sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
- When ready to cook the steak, remove from the fridge and let rest at room temperature for up to 1 hour while you preheat the grill or broiler. Grill or broil for 3-5 minutes on each side then let steak rest while you prepare to assemble.
- Add a few handfuls of shredded cabbage to a bowl and toss with some chimichurri sauce until nicely coated. Set aside.
- Slice the steak thinly and against the grain. Set aside.
- Assemble the sliders. Take a slider bun and add a little bit of chimichurri sauce to the bottom, then top with 3-5 slices of steak, some chimichurri slaw and an extra drizzle of chimichurri if you want. Add the slider bun top and set aside. Repeat with remaining sliders and serve immediately.
Get ahead with this recipe and make the chimichurri sauce the day before as well as marinate the steak. Then you just cook the steak and assemble when ready!