Make-ahead Freezer Breakfast Burritos are the nicest thing you can do for your future self! Fill them with eggs, potatoes, and cheese for a tasty breakfast any day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 small Yukon gold potatoes, small dice
- ½ onion, small dice
- 1 bell pepper, small dice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 eggs
- 8 extra-large burrito size tortillas
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat large skillet over medium/high heat. Add olive oil and potatoes. Cook for 5-7 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the onion, bell pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Cook until veggies are cooked through, about 10-12 more minutes. Once veggies are done cooking set them aside.
- Meanwhile, make the eggs. Whisk the eggs in a bowl with ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat a nonstick pan over low/medium heat. Add butter to the pan and add the eggs. Cook over low heat, constantly stirring eggs until scrambled. Once cooked, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Start to assemble the burritos. Lay your tortilla on a flat surface. Add a large spoonful of eggs (about ¼ cup) in the bottom half of the tortilla, centered. Add a large spoonful of the potato mixture, followed by a couple tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Fold the two opposite sides of the tortilla in and over the food. Then fold up the bottom over the food, making sure the sides are tucked. Before continuing to roll, fold in a small part of the burrito on the top and continue rolling until tightly wrapped. (See pictures above to help)
- Continue until all burritos are filled. Wrap each burrito in foil and store in a freezer safe bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To thaw frozen burritos, remove foil and place on a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with your favorite salsa for dipping.