A one-bowl, gluten-free breakfast recipe packed with nutritious goodness! Carrot Oat Breakfast Cups are filling and delicious with a little citrus twist.
- ½ cup whole milk Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- ½ cup milk (any kind)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup brown sugar, plus more for sprinkling (can also use coconut sugar)
- ¾ cup gluten free oats
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large carrot, finely grated (about ½ cup)
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the yogurt, milk, egg and brown sugar. Add the oats and stir until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir to combine. Fold in the grated carrot and orange zest.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into prepared muffin tins filling about ¾ full. Sprinkle some extra brown sugar on top of each cup and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Store covered at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the fridge for 3-5! I love to eat them cold for breakfast.