A whole roasted Grand Marnier Chicken that anyone can make, finished with a sweet and tangy sauce that makes it feel extra special!
- 1 (4-5) pound whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small oranges, cut into wedges
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons fig jam (or any type of jam)
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Brush evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stuff the oranges inside the cavity and place chicken in a large baking dish or cast iron skillet. Cook chicken for 90 minutes.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking make the sauce. In a small saucepan, melt together the butter, honey, mustard, fig jam and Grand Marnier. Whisk until smooth.
- After the chicken has been cooking for 90 minutes, remove it from the oven and pour the sauce over the chicken. Place chicken back in the oven and cook for another 20 minutes. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Potatoes and carrots are also a nice addition to this dish. If using them, add to the pan in the beginning of cooking and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.