A delicious simple cake make with greek yogurt and fresh grapefruit.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar (divided)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit zest (1 grapefruit)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, grapefruit zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it’s all well incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup grapefruit juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the grapefruit-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool.
- For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and grapefruit juice and drizzle over the cake.
Adapted from Ina Garten