An easy crostini appetizer made with grilled sourdough, creamy mascarpone and goat cheese topped with the sweetest ever tomatoes and a balsamic glaze.
- 1 rustic baguette, (sliced 1/4 inch thick into 15–20 slices (sourdough or french bread are also fine))
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, (at room temperature)
- 8 ounces goat cheese, (at room temperature)
- Balsamic glaze for drizzing
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Lightly brush both sides of the sliced bread with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with remaining oil, just enough to coat, a pinch of salt, and the garlic powder.
- Grill the bread 1-3 minutes on each side, until crisp. Set aside. Take a large piece of aluminum foil and create a little basket. Pour the tomatoes in the foil basket and grill until tomatoes begin to burst, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix together the mascarpone and goat cheese until well combined. Assemble the crostini. Spread the cheese mixture on a slice of grilled bread, top with 3-4 tomatoes, and drizzle with a little balsamic glaze. Repeat until all crostini are assembled. Enjoy!