Grilled summer salad made with zucchini, corn, and chicken with a tangy lemon dressing to finish it off!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ears corn
- 2 small zucchinis, 1/4 inch sliced the long way
- 1 avocado, halved and pit removed
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Olive oil for brushing
- Lemon pepper or regular pepper
Grilled Lemon Dressing
- 2 small lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shallot (about 1 small shallot)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3–4 tablespoons water (more as needed to thin out)
- Preheat the grill to medium/low heat. Brush the chicken on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and lemon pepper. Grill chicken for about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Add the corn to the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush the lemon and zucchini slices with olive oil. Grill the lemon slices for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Grill the zucchini slices for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Brush the avocado with olive oil and grill face down for a couple of minutes until you see grill marks. Remove everything from the grill and set aside to cool slightly while you make the dressing.
- To make the dressing, add the grilled lemons, shallot, olive oil, salt and 3 tablespoons of water to a blender. Blend until smooth and add more water as needed to thin it out.
- Add the chopped romaine to a large bowl or platter. Top with diced grilled chicken, grilled corn (removed from the cob), zucchini slices, tomato, avocado (diced), and almonds. Drizzle on the dressing and serve!