Finally after years of people asking how I make Taco Meat at home, I’m giving you my favorite Ground Taco Meat w/ Homemade Seasoning recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 cup chicken or beef stock
- In a small bowl mix together the chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cumin and set aside.
- Preheat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add the oil to coat the pan. Add the turkey and begin to break up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula. Add the spice mixture all over the meat and continue to break it up and cook for about 4-5 minutes until the meat is evenly ground up and covered with the spice mixture.
- Add the stock and stir together for another 2-3 minutes. The stock should create a little sauce and will thicken a little as it cools. Remove from heat and serve!