Looking for a twist on traditional enchiladas that’s both light and satisfying? These Ground Turkey Green Enchiladas, smothered in tangy green enchilada sauce and oozing with Colby Jack cheese, are a simple yet hearty dinner option perfect for any weeknight!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 oz) jar green enchilada sauce
- 2 ½ cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 6–8 medium flour or corn tortillas
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Preheat a skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add the oil, ground turkey, salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and cook for 5-7 minutes, breaking up the meat while cooking.
- Turn off heat and add about 1 cup shredded cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and pour a small amount of enchilada sauce on the bottom, just enough to lightly coat the bottom.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce into a shallow dish. (Tip: wrap your tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to warm them first).
- Dip each tortilla in the enchilada sauce until lightly coated, then fill with a couple spoonfuls of meat. Roll the tortilla up and place in the baking dish seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and meat.
- Once the baking dish is full, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Keywords: green enchiladas with ground turkey, ground turkey green enchiladas, green enchiladas siete sauce, oven baked green enchiladas, high protein enchiladas