Indulge in a flavorful and wholesome meal with this Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers with Rice recipe. Colorful bell peppers packed with lean ground turkey, herbs, tomato paste, and rice, this simple yet satisfying creation brings together health and flavor effortlessly in just 45 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock, divided
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ cups cooked white rice
- 1 lime
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow or orange)
- ½ cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Preheat a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the oil, onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, paprika, cumin and chili powder and cook for another 5-7 minutes, breaking up the meat as you cook.
- Add the tomato paste and ½ cup chicken stock and simmer for a few minutes.
- If using the green chilis, add them now along with the cilantro and stir to combine.
- Stir in the rice and the juice of one lime.
- Prepare the bell peppers. Cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Spoon the turkey mixture evenly into the bell peppers and lay them in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top each pepper with some shredded cheese.
- Pour the remaining chicken stock around the peppers, cover with foil and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove foil and serve.
Keywords: ground turkey stuffed peppers, stuffed peppers with ground turkey, stuffed peppers with ground turkey and rice