- 4 big handfuls of spring mix (or your favorite greens)
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 apple, thinly sliced or cut into sticks
- ½ fennel bulb, shaved with a mandoline or thinly sliced
- ¼ cup marcona almonds (pistachios, hazelnuts or any nut you like)
- ¼ cup cooked farro
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Juice from half a lemon
- Add the greens to a large shallow bowl along with the carrot, apple, fennel, nuts and farro.
- Whisk all the ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.