- 1 recipe your favorite pizza dough (or store bought, at room temperature)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes (sliced about 1/4 inch thick)
- Torn basil (sea salt, & fresh cracked pepper for garnish)
- 1) Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spread the dough into a circle on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
- 2) Brush oil onto pizza dough. Sprinkle evenly with dried basil and parmesan cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden.
- 3) Remove from oven and turn on the broiler. Spread ricotta over pizza. Then place the tomatoes evenly on pizza and place under broiler for 1-2 minutes until tomatoes start to soften. Remove and garnish with torn basil, a pinch of sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Serve and enjoy!