This honey glazed salmon is packed with flavor including fresh ginger, shallot, and garlic. The sauce is top notch and ready to impress!
- 1 pound salmon
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup orange juice, (I use fresh squeezed)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place salmon in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil over medium/low heat. Add the shallot, ginger and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Add the orange juice, molasses, ketchup, honey, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Keep the sauce at a low rolling boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for about 5-7 minutes until it begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Spoon sauce over salmon again about half way through baking.
*Use any leftover salmon to top over a salad the next day!
*This sauce makes extra, enough for about 1 1/2 -2 pounds of fish. So you can either make more fish, or save the extra sauce and use it to serve over chicken or meat later in the week!