This is a comforting pasta dish that can be made in your Instant Pot! It’s a creamy Butternut Squash Pasta made with in-season veggies and coconut milk.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces dried short pasta (I used Jovial Gluten Free but any pasta will work)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce (I used Rao’s)
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, de stemmed and roughly chopped
- ½ lemon
- ¼ – ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the Instant Pot on the sauté function. Add the oil, onion, squash, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Press cancel to turn off heat. Add the pasta and stir. Add the coconut milk and water and stir until well combined.
- Pour the marinara sauce on top of the pasta in the center but DO NOT STIR. Cover and lock lid, make sure the vent is on sealing and cook on high pressure for half the amount of time the pasta box says. (If the box says to cook for 12 minutes, then cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.) Once it’s done you can always add 1-2 more minutes if it’s not cooked to your liking.
- While the pasta cooks, prep the kale. Squeeze half a lemon over the kale and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Using clean hands, massage the kale for a minute until it turns bright green and begins to soften.
- Manually release the vent and open the lid. Stir in the kale. Add as much parmesan cheese as you like and serve!