A quick and easy hearty soup that can be made in the Instant Pot or the Slow Cooker!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 3/4 cup split peas
- 6 cups chicken stock (or veggie stock)
- 4 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- Turn on the sauté function on the Instant Pot. Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, potatoes, salt, garlic powder, paprika and cumin and cook for 3-5 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Turn off the sauté function and add the red lentils, split peas and stock and stir to combine.
- Close the lid and turn the valve to sealing. Cook on manual/high pressure for 15 minutes. Either let natural release, or quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the spinach, parsley and lime juice. Serve warm! Soup will thicken as it cools.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, potatoes, salt, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, lentils, split peas and stock to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- When done cooking, remove the lid and stir in the spinach, parsley and lime juice. Serve warm!