This simple recipe for Juicy Yogurt Marinated Chicken packs a punch with aromatic spices and tangy Greek yogurt, ensuring each bite is packed with taste. Fire up the grill and let this juicy chicken be the star of your dinner routine!
- ⅔ cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (I like to use cutlets or pound thin for even cooking)
- To a large bowl add the yogurt, salt, pepper, garlic powder, turmeric, oregano, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Add the chicken breasts and coat the chicken in the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill (or grill pan) over medium/high heat. Spray with cooking oil and grill for 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Keywords: yogurt marinated chicken, chicken marinated with yogurt, greek yogurt chicken, greek yogurt chicken marinade