Indulge in the comforting goodness of this Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup with Greens. With aromatic carrots, diced fennel, onions, and a hint of garlic, this soup offers a rich and fresh flavor and is the perfect way to enjoy a warm bowl of comfort!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, small diced
- 1 fennel bulb, small diced
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1–1 ½ pounds chicken breasts
- ½ cup orzo
- 3 cups greens such as spinach or kale
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat a large pot over medium/high heat.
- Add the oil, carrot, fennel, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme and cook for 4-5 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the chicken stock and chicken breasts and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until chicken is tender and can easily be shredded.
- Remove chicken and shred or dice.
- Add the orzo and simmer for about 7-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot with the greens and lemon juice. Stir to combine and serve right away with parmesan cheese.
Keywords: lemon chicken soup with orzo, lemon chicken orzo soup with greens, chicken soup with lemon, orzo and greens