- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound sweet italian chicken sausage (casings removed)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (small dice)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Chopped chives
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove sausage from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- 2) Add the shallot and bell pepper to the pan and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat and add the spinach and the cooked sausage. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- 3) In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1 tablespoon chopped chives. Distribute the meat mixture evenly into the muffin pan, and pour the egg mixture into each cup until almost full. Bake for 20-25 minutes and serve immediately! I love to serve this with my favorite salsa! Yum!