This Loaded Spinach Quinoa Casserole is packed with ground turkey, beans, spinach and more for an easy and delicious meal.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1–2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 5 cups spinach, or a mixture of spinach and kale
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside. Cook quinoa with the chicken stock according to the package.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add turkey meat and onions. Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, dried thyme, and dried basil, Cook until the turkey is no longer pink, about 7-9 minutes. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, turn heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes, Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon and stir then remove from heat.
- Pour the cooked quinoa into a large bowl. Add the black beans, 1/2 cup cheese, and the juice of 1 more lemon and stir to combine. Add the meat mixture to the quinoa, along with the spinach and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish, top with the remaining cheese, and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
*You should add enough sauce to just coat the quinoa.