Are you ready to take your taste buds on a journey of flavors and textures? It’s easy with this recipe for Massaged Kale Salad with Beets, Oranges, and Goat Cheese! The combination of hearty kale, tangy goat cheese, juicy oranges, sweet beets, crunchy pistachios, and refreshing mint creates an enticing blend of flavors that makes a perfect side dish for any meal!
- 2–3 cups chopped kale, stems removed (I like Lacinato kale)
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large oranges, peeled and cut into half moons or diced
- 8 small cooked beets, diced (I like to use pre-steamed packaged beets)
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Honey for drizzling
- Add the kale to a large bowl and drizzle it with olive oil, lemon juice and a large pinch of salt. Use your hands to massage the kale until it begins to soften a bit.
- Prepare the oranges: Slice off the top and bottom, then use your knife to carefully remove the skin and pith of the orange. Cut into rounds, then into half moons, then dice into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Use a rubber spatula to spread the goat cheese onto the bottom of the serving platter. The goat cheese doesn’t need to cover the entire surface of the platter, the salad will be piled on top.
- Add the massaged kale on top of the goat cheese. Add on the diced oranges, beets, pistachios and mint, then drizzle with honey and a pinch of salt and pepper to finish. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Pinch of Yum
Keywords: massaged kale salad, kale salad with beets, massaged kale salad with beets, oranges, and goat cheese