Dive into the delightful fusion of classic sloppy joe flavors and comforting pasta in this one-pot meal! One Pot Sloppy Joe Pasta is packed with savory ingredients and topped with melted cheddar, it’s a dish that will make a new family favorite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 ½ cups low sodium beef broth (chicken broth also works)
- 2 cups macaroni pasta (or any small pasta like shells)
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add the oil, onion, bell pepper and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and chili powder and cook for 5-7 minutes until meat is browned.
- Add the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, broth and mix until well combined. Add the pasta and bring to a boil, pressing down on the noodles until they are mostly covered by the liquid. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for about 9-10 minutes until noodles are tender and absorbed most of the liquid. If you use a larger noodle it might take a few minutes longer.
- Once the noodles are cooked, turn off the heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Keywords: sloppy joe pasta, how to make sloppy joe pasta, one pot sloppy joe pasta