Thick crusty bread, perfectly scrambled eggs, and cream cheese provide the base for Open Face Breakfast Sandwich heaven!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 piece of thick bread, toasted (I love Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Bread)
- Whipped cream cheese
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over low/medium heat. Meanwhile add the eggs, water and pinch of salt to a bowl and whisk well.
- Once the pan is preheated, turn heat to low and add butter. Add the whisked eggs and using a rubber spatula, gently push the eggs from the outside of the pan toward the center until eggs begin to scramble.
- Continue doing this, scraping down the sides as you push the eggs toward the center of the pan. Just before the eggs are fully cooked to your liking, turn off the heat as they will continue to cook.
- Spread some whipped cream cheese onto the toast and top with scrambled eggs, hot sauce and greens. Serve immediately!