Are you looking for an easy dinner recipe that’s full of flavor and doesn’t take hours to make? Look no further than this One Pot Cheesy Pasta Bake with Ground Turkey and Spinach! This delicious dinner is perfect for busy weeknights and can be made in just one pot!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (red, yellow or orange)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce (I use Rao’s)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound uncooked orecchiette pasta (or any short pasta like shells)
- 3 cups roughly chopped fresh spinach
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil then add the diced onion and peppers and a sprinkle of salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme. Cook the ground turkey for 5-7 minutes until no longer pink, breaking it up as you cook.
- Add the tomato paste, marinara sauce and diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Turn heat to low and let simmer while you stir in the chopped parsley, chopped spinach and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the dried pasta. Make sure all the pasta is well coated with the sauce. Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of grated parmesan. Stir until mixture is well combined and the noodles are all coated in the sauce.
- Top with the remaining shredded mozzarella and cover tightly. Bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese is melted and the pasta is cooked through.
The noodles on top might get a little bit crispy but underneath should be cooked through and soft. The crunchy bits are my favorite part! Serve hot and enjoy!