This easy to make oven roasted cauliflower is jam packed with flavor and works as a great side dish all year long. The cauliflower becomes caramelized, then tossed in an herb mixture with fresh parsley, crunchy macadamia nuts and sweet chopped dates.
For the cauliflower:
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle of fresh pepper
For the Topping:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 6–7 pitted, medjool dates, chopped
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts (I like to use roasted and salted)
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. (If your oven runs very hot, try 425 degrees). Line a baking sheet with parchment. Add the cauliflower to the baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread into a single layer and roast for 25-35 minutes until the cauliflower is golden brown.
- While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the topping. To a large bowl add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped dates, macadamia nuts and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
- When the cauliflower is done cooking, add it to the bowl with the date mixture and toss the hot cauliflower until it’s well coated. This is delicious served hot, cold or room temperature.