Crunchy bread, creamy ricotta, and crispy prosciutto are the perfect appetizer combination!
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 baguette or crusty bread, cut into rounds on the bias
- Olive oil for brushing
- 4 pieces of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, sliced into rounds, then in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a high speed blender or food processor, blend the ricotta, olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. When the mixture is blended, scrape it out into a bowl and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the slices of prosciutto. Set aside.
- Brush the bread slices on both sides with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on another lined sheet pan.
- Toast both the bread and the prosciutto in the oven until bread is lightly browned and the prosciutto begins to crisp, about 7-10 minutes. Prosciutto will crisp up more as it cools.
- Top the crostini with whipped ricotta, a slice of persimmon, crispy prosciutto pieces, chopped mint, a drizzle of olive oil and an extra sprinkle of salt and pepper.