- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 – 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 2/3 cups water
- 4 eggs
- Powdered sugar for dusting
For the Vanilla Cinnamon Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons milk (I used 2 which made the glaze a little thinner. For a thicker glaze use less milk)
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well mixed.
- 2) In a separate bowl whisk the pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, and water. Add the eggs one at a time until well combined. Making a little well in the center of the dry ingredients, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring to combine. Do not over mix!
- 3) If making muffins and the bundt cake, pour the mixture into the 9 muffins tins first (with paper liners or lightly sprayed), then pour the remaining batter into a greased bundt pan. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes, and the bundt cake for 50-55 minutes.
- 4) Once baked remove from oven, let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes then cool completely on a wire rack. When cooled, dust cake with powdered sugar and drizzle glaze on top. (I only used the glaze on the cake and kept the muffins plain).
For the glaze
- 1) In a bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk.
* This recipe makes A LOT of batter! I had enough for 1 bundt cake and 9 regular sized muffins. You could easily bake these in 2 loaf pans and bake for 45-50 minutes, or make all muffins as well.
These freeze great!