- 1 pound salmon
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus 1 tablespoon for cooking)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons small diced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1) In a small baking dish marinate the salmon in 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, garlic powder, lemon zest, and orange zest for at least 30 minutes. Set aside.
- 2) While the salmon is marinating, make the salsa. In a bowl, combine the strawberries, red onion, olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes, basil and lemon juice. Stir until the strawberries are well coated. Set aside.
- 3) In a large non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium/high heat. Cook the salmon 4-6 minutes of each side. Serve with strawberry salsa on top!