A one pot delicious and hearty breakfast made with eggs and tomatoes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, (small dice)
- 1 red bell pepper, (small dice)
- 4 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1 28 ounce can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 6 large eggs
- Crumbed goat cheese
- Chopped parsley
- 1 french baguette, (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large pan or cast iron skillet heat the olive oil over medium/low heat. Add the onion, red bell pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Cook until very soft, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the sliced bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush both sides of the bread lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes until lightly golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Once the onion mixture is soft, add the minced garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Using kitchen sheers, break up the whole tomatoes in the can by cutting through them repeatedly until you have a chunky consistency. You can also pour into a bowl and crush tomatoes with your hands. Pour tomatoes into the onion mixture and add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, paprika, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cook on low for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully crack eggs on top of tomato mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skillet in the oven and cook about 7-10 minutes until eggs are just set. Remove and sprinkle with goat cheese and parsley and serve immediately with toasted bread!