- 1 pound small yellow potatoes (quartered)
- 1 large carrot (chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 4-5 pound whole chicken (I use the Brined Whole Organic Chicken from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 lemon (quartered)
- 1 head of garlic (sliced in half to expose the bulbs (do not need to peel))
- Large handful of parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large pan add the potatoes, carrots, and half of the onion.
- 2) Using paper towels, pat the chicken dry. Place the remaining half of the onion, lemon, garlic, and parsley inside the cavity of the chicken. Should be very full. Place the chicken on top of the potatoes, carrots, and onion bed. Tie the legs of the chicken together using kitchen twine to help keep the juices in.
- 3) Brush the outside of the chicken with the olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pour the chicken stock around the chicken into the pan. Bake for 90 minutes, then let rest for 10 minutes before serving.